COVID SAFETY AT MINISTRY OF STORIES
We are finally able to open our secret door and welcome all of our fantastic Community Writing Lab members and volunteers back into the building. If you plan to join us, please take note of the following Covid Safety precautions:
- Where possible, volunteers are requested to complete a Lateral Flow Test prior to visiting Ministry of Stories. This should be carried out no more than 4 days prior to a visit (preferably as close to the visit as possible), and twice per week for regular volunteers. Lateral Flow Tests can be ordered free of charge from the NHS and are available from Ministry of Stories where required.
- Test results should be logged on the NHS website/app. Where a result shows positive, the volunteer must not attend the session, they should advise Ministry of Stories, and should follow Public Health advice for self-isolating.
- We request that volunteers do not come to the building if they are displaying any Covid symptoms, even if they have been vaccinated.
- Volunteers are requested to check in to the building using the NHS COVID-19 App/QR code, where possible.
- All adults (18+) are required to wear face coverings when in the building, unless exempt. Facilitators may remove their mask when leading activities and the group is stationary. Over 11’s are no longer required to wear face coverings, although it remains optional for any child or young person to do so (or by parental choice).
- Although there will be no formal social distancing in place, we encourage everyone to allow each other as much space as possible, at all times (this includes with and between young people).
- The building will be ventilated as much as possible.
- There is a hand sanitiser station installed at the door – for use by all individuals on arrival and departure. Please follow the Catch it, Bin it, Kill it guidance to catch coughs and sneezes in tissues and throw them in the bin immediately (hands to be washed immediately after disposal).
- The maximum number of adults in the building at any one time: 18 (up to 15 in the main space). When children are in the building, this reduces to 12 adults.
The Ministry of Stories Senior Management Team regularly refers to official guidance from the government, Department for Education and National Youth Agency (NYA) and will adapt procedures appropriately.
For more information, contact Dorothy Cotter, Volunteer & Programme Administrator email@example.com
0207 729 4159