Win two tickets to Letters Live
We’re celebrating the return of Letters Live with the chance to win two tickets to the Wednesday night performance on 05 October.
Write us a cracking opening line following the guidelines below and we’ll pick our favourite to receive two tickets to a brilliant night of performances and storytelling.
Your letter can be to anyone about anything. Dead, alive or imaginary. Let your imaginations run wild, but please remember your words might be read by children.
How to enter
- Write your letter opening in no more than 140 characters and share it with us on Twitter or Facebook
- If using Twitter make sure to include us @mini_stories.
- If you’d like to share you letter opening on Facebook, leave it as a message or comment on our Ministry of Stories page
- The competition closes 12-noon Friday 30 September and the winner will be notified the same day by the method in which they entered.
- Full terms and conditions can be found on the right hand side of this page.
They often say you have to get your readers interested in the first sentence. Explore a selection of some of our favourite letter openings to get your creative juices flowing:
“Dear Lizzie. Hello, it’s Mummy. I’m dead. Sorry about that.” Caitlin Moran
“Dear Laurence, thank you for your gorgeous and charming letter, you brighten up my dim life.” Iggy Pop
“You always said, “Dear, let’s live together until our hair turns gray and die on the same day.” How could you pass away without me?” A woman to her husband
Letters Live events see remarkable letters read by a diverse array of outstanding performers including Matt Berry, Omid Djalili, Gillian Anderson, Michael Palin and Juliet Stevenson.